COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE
Updated 1 March 2021
The Central Coast cares about the continued safety of our regional NSW community. We want you to be COVID-safe and COVID-aware when living within, or visiting our region.
The NSW Government is continually monitoring the status of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the community and restrictions and requirements relating to travel and public gatherings are currently in place for Greater Sydney regions, including the Central Coast.
Be extra savvy with your trip planning
Before travelling, visitors to the Central Coast should contact their planned accommodation venues, attractions or regional businesses, or visit their websites, before arriving to ensure they will be open and confirm bookings. To plan a smart, safe and sensible trip try Tourism Australia’s Travel Status Map.
- Access the latest travel alerts on Destination NSW’s website.
- Local advice can be found on Central Coast Council’s website.
- For the latest information on NSW restrictions refer to the NSW Government COVID-19 information hub.
Practise good hygiene
- Wash your hands often with soap and water before and after eating
- Wash your hands with soap and water after going to the toilet
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or a tissue, not your hand
- If you are sick, avoid contact with others and stay more than 1.5 metres away from people
For the latest information on the current situation consult NSW Health’s website.
If you have symptoms - even if mild - get tested at a COVID-19 clinic. Symptoms include fever, cough, sore/ scratchy throat, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell. Self-isolate until you get your results. If you need advice call the National Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.